- July 2016 · 240pages · 244x172mm
- ·Paperback - 9781783169009
- · eBook - epub - 9781783169023
- · eBook - mobi - 9781783169030
- · eBook - pdf - 9781783169016
Where oceans, land and atmosphere meet, three dynamic forces contribute to the physical and ecological evolution of coastlines. Coasts are responsive systems, dynamic with identifiable inputs and outputs of energy and material. In chapters illustrated and furnished with topical case studies from around the world, this book establishes the importance of coasts within a systems framework – waves, tides, rivers and sea-level change all play critical roles in the evolution of our coasts.