- February 2009 · 288pages · 216x138mm
- ·Paperback - 9780708321898
- · eBook - epub - 9781783163038
- · eBook - mobi - 9781783163045
- · eBook - pdf - 9780708323618
this first biography of a significant female figure in the male-dominated world of Tudor politics, Hazel Pierce presents the life and culture of this propertied, titled lady against the social and political background of late Yorkist and early Tudor Britain. Containing important new research on aristocratic life and court politics in the period, and including a complete reappraisal of the so-called 'Exeter conspiracy', Margaret Pole is a major contribution to our understanding of Henry VIII's relationship with the nobility, and the political, social and cultural position of women in sixteenth-century England.