It’s that time of the year again! Not just Halloween, but arguably even more exciting: we are calling out for proposals for the British Spanish Society Prize, sponsored by the University of Wales Press and our Iberian and Latin American Studies Series.
The prize will be £250, offered by the British Spanish Society, and books to the value of £250, offered by the University of Wales Press. The successful applicant will then be invited to present the proposal based on their doctoral thesis to the University of Wales Press, who will have first option to consider it for inclusion in their Iberian and Latin American Studies series.
How to apply? Here goes:
- The British Spanish Society and University of Wales Press are inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for a newly established prize.
- Eligible applicants should be actively engaged in research in Hispanic Studies, and have completed during the previous five years a doctoral thesis, written in English, on any area of the culture or history of Spain. Alternatively, theses that compare an area of the history or culture of Spain and the United Kingdom will also be eligible for consideration.
- Candidates should provide a full, detailed Proposal Questionnaire (UWP’s pro forma; please contact Sarah Lewis, Head of Commissioning, University of Wales Press: email@example.com), plus one introductory chapter which demonstrates the transformation from thesis to book and which explains the impact of the project in society or academia. In addition, candidates should explain the main conclusions they have reached at the end of their investigations.
- The deadline for submission of applications is 12.00 noon UK time, 30th November 2017, to Sarah Lewis, as above.
- The winner will be announced on a date to be confirmed.